Prepare yourselves for 30 drafts below that I decided to publish simultaneously.
I’ve been thinking a lot, lately, about how we react to things we dislike and disagree with, especially in social justice issues.
Thoughts below the cut are probably pretty controversial.
Tumblr is one of the few places I encounter a lot of the exclusionary negativity, and narratives where anger at the majority is okay. For me, a certain amount of anger is empowering - yes, I can be angry, that’s an emotion available to me to feel. I’m not angry all the time, but I’m less likely to post on tumblr to say “too tired/busy to fight the system” than I am to say “fuck everything, there was too much homophobia in my life today”. Which isn’t to undermine what you’re saying, because I think it’s useful, but putting that part out there about the consistency of anger.
For me, it’s also important to know what angers others. I have a lot of advantages over other people that I am privileged enough to not even know exist, and seeing other people’s anger is sometimes enlightening, and sometimes draining.
sexual orientation: jack sparrow’s broken compass
Not Iambic….Do Not Accept…
These tags I’ll pop, and boast in rhyming verse
that what I wear puts swagger in my gait;
though twenty shillings have I in my purse,
my self-esteem and manhood both inflate
when lofty furs I purchase for a cent.
Thy grandpa’s clothes are worthy salvage, though
they smell a trifle musty. Still, I spent
much less to dress myself from head to toe.
To save or not to save? The question’s moot.
I’ll never give my coin to high-street crooks.
These dusty shelves will yield their hidden loot
to those, like me, more frugal in their looks.
Like ancient coins washed up on distant shores,
I’ll find my treasures in these thrifty stores.
- Macklemore, “Thrift Shoppe”
*Crying with laughter*
ITS IN IAMBIC PENTAMETER. SWEET JESUS THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE THING.
THIS IS THE MOST BRILLIANT POSY I HAVE EVER SEEN.
Guys, that’s not only Iambic, that’s a fucking sonnet. *claps*
Grammatically correct for the period and a couple of references to Shakespeare’s actual works.
I’m sincerely impressed.
So i choose to stay in the hotel tonight & Lauren takes Cecil & Dylan off to understand the lights above the Arby’s. (omg these two)
"what does elementary have that sherlock doesn’t?"
- Cities shutting down the subway and refusing to lower bridges when potholes get too bad and nothing is done about them because hey that hurts and someone needs to fix it.
- Cities opening old abandoned subway stations and venting hot air above ground during the winter for the homeless population.
- Sidewalk blocks standing up to protect protesters from the police.
- Everyone feels safe running in the park at night because everyone knows one story about a guy who tried to mug/rape/attack someone and was dragged off by tree roots
- Subway stairs rolling themselves up and refusing to let anyone into the tunnels so that management is forced to listen striking train drivers.
- One weekend every summer the entire city is covered in chalk drawings the residents create as a thank you to the city that protects and cares for them so well. For weeks afterwards the sidewalks are covered in faint chalk marks until the next rain washes it all away.
- Each spring the city does it’s own spring cleaning, rain storms and strong winds sweeping the garbage out of alley ways and into piles for the garbage workers to come and collect.
- CITIES THAT ARE SELF AWARE FRIENDS
Avengers Assemble #11
Look upon the gods you made and despair for you realize the power you gave them over you
The raven!Will thingie I did is still holding my thoughts. Sooo many ideas about stag/raven stuff~ （〃・ω・〃）
In this one I wanted Hannibal to kneel and surrender to his creation. The darkness and vengeful spirit he had awoken in Will. But Will won’t have it, for he is the Raven and lives from the dead not the living. And even a raven!god demands a pure, innocent offer.
(maybe Hannibal should have offered Abigail to him? :’D)
ps: Feel free to send me requests!